- Date: Saturday, 11th Jun 2022
- Instructor: Cedric Reeves
- Cost: Sliding scale
Join us for this workshop where we will create an internal experience of safety through guided visualizations of perfect nurturers.
The intended outcome is to have greater connection in relationships, better emotional self-regulation, and a stronger sense of self.
This program is for people who have insecure attachment or insecure features.
Who is this for?
- For anyone who wants to go from insecure to secure attachment.
- Suitable for anyone new to attachment-work, or is already experienced.
- People with Insecure Attachment.
- For anyone who is willing to do the work to get results
11th Jun 2022
This program is suitable for beginners to meditation and healing work.
This program will be an opportunity to:
- troubleshooting to find areas of resistance
- meditating on different aspects of secure attachment
- Unconditional love
- Support for explorations
- Problem solving within the zone of proximal development (ZPD)
This event will draw strongly from
- Ideal Parent Figure Protocol
- Attachment Theory
- Schema Therapy’s image rescripting exercise
- Inner child work
- Insecure attachment
- Relationship problems – fear of abandonment, not feeling safe, feeling unvalued in relationships
- Low self-esteem
- Poor self-agency and exploration abilities
- Strong, sometimes overwhelming negative emotional responses
Lecture content will be brief, with the content focusing more on experiential learning through meditation and Q&A.
There will be time for Q&A and spot coaching.
We will be doing deep work. For that reason please feel free to take a break at any point.
There will be a few breaks for walking meditation, and brief instructions will be given.
Who is this for?
This program is for those of us who...
- have insecure attachment or features of insecure attachment
- struggle with intimate relationships
- have tried other healing modalities or therapies without the desired results
- want to gain more self-esteem
- want to learn more about ourselves
- are looking to improve our ability to emotionally regulate in stressful situations
Shared interest and social support can make meditation practice, study, and healing much easier. Make friends in the course on the slack channel and invite friends who you think could benefit to participate in the course.
These are some of the benefits you will have by the end of the program
- Clarity on the source of negative habits and greater control over them.
- Greater understanding and compassion for psychological problems and vulnerabilities that affect you and others.
- More calm and connected with own needs.
- More confidence.
- Less identification with your psychological maladies and quirks (ego-dystonia with your maladaptive schemas).
- A better ability to observe your mind with metacognitive awareness as a result of the mentalization exercises peppered through the guided meditations.
- Less blame of self or others.
- More understanding and compassion towards your parts/modes and needs.
For your relationships
- Deeper ability to connect with others.
- Better appreciation for the importance and value of interpersonal collaboration.
- Opportunities to find accountability partners to meditate with
- A sense of camaraderie as a result of seeing how our psychological difficulties are rooted in common experiences that affect us all.
- Slack group with which to discuss and share experiences and consolidate what you are learning
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are experiencing any technical issues relating to accessing the material or live sessions, please get in touch with us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We can be reached with our online contact form.
This is what participants of prior workshops have to say:
Thank you for continuing to make these classes. When I am able to attend, they make a really positive contribution to my mental health :)
Registration has closed.
The recording is available in our Store:
Please note: This program is offered for educational purposes only and is not group-therapy, counselling or any kind of other psychotherapy, nor is it a substitute for the aforementioned. The instructor Cedric Reeves is a meditation teacher, not a psychotherapist, counsellor, or otherwise therapist.