Strengthening the Capacity for Play and Exploration
This is a digital Self-Paced Course
- Simply purchase and download the zip
- Lifetime access to course material
- 4 video lectures, 4 hours total
- 6 guided meditations, 2 hours total
This course is for adults over the age of 18, not for children.
The main aim is to further develop the capacity to explore and play.
For context, in the Attachment Theory world, we often neglect the fact that much of the importance of Secure Attachment is the creation of a ‘secure base’ and that that secure base is what gives us the confidence to explore out into the world and to play knowing that we can come back to the secure base for soothing and support when our play/exploration becomes overwhelming. Our explorations are a great source of personal meaning.
We will go about this strengthening the secure base and the capacity to play and explore in a structured and methodical manner.
- First, we will internalize the sense of inner security in the “Perfect Nurturer Meditation” attachment repair visualization meditation.
- Then, secondly, building on the felt sense of security of the ‘secure base’, we’ll develop the capacity to explore and play in different contexts also using guided visualization meditation.
List of meditations:
- PNR (Perfect Nurturer Reinforcement Meditation) to establish the secure base: The secure base is what gives us the confidence to explore
- Exemplar Practice (Drawing from the visualization practices of Tibetan Buddhism): Imagining someone who is really good at play and then taking on those traits
- Practicing Child-Like Play
- Practicing the Elements of Play one-by-one (Drawing from the Strong Play list of qualities of play)
- Practicing Adult Exploration and Play (this is comprised on work-type explorations and romantic play
- Flirting as play and exploration (developing better flirting skills)
- Sex as play (This visualization will not be graphic rather it will allow the participant to create their content of the scenes. The qualities we’ll work to develop are: sensate-focus, ease, enjoyment, pleasure, confidence, playfulness etc)
Who is this For
This program is for those of us who...
- want to heal their attachment conditioning
- want to develop better play and exploration skills
- also, this course is especially useful for those with disorganized (fearful) attachment and anxious preoccupied attachment. For those people often exploration is underdeveloped.
Benefits & Outcomes
These are some of the benefits you will have by the end of the program
- Understanding and experience the link between a strong internalized sense of attachment security and play and exploration
- The qualities that make up
For your relationships
- A more secure internal working model of attachment such that you interact with others from a place of security
- A better sense of how to play and explore with others
Introduction and Attachment Theory
Perfect Nurturer Reinforcement
Solo and Social Childlike Play
Frequently Asked Questions